Sunday, August 31, 2008

2 Corinthians 2 -- Sunday, 8/31

Today, read 2 Corinthians 2 on your own at least one time. As you read, make notes in a notebook or in the margins of your Bible. Record all of the insights God gives you. Don't read my remarks until you have first done this yourself.

If you are doing this at work and don't have easy access to a Bible, or maybe you are at home but don't have a NLT Bible, you can read almost any version at www.BibleGateway.com.

If you don't know what the colors or the format mean, read the three introductions to this blog. They are linked on the left hand side of this page.

Here are the insights I wrote down along with the verses they go with...

-----

2:7 (NLT) Now, however, it is time to forgive and comfort him. Otherwise he may be overcome by discouragement.

The purpose of all church discipline and even personal opposition to a believer is to bring reconciliation. Opposition and discipline should never be an end but only a means to an end.

-----

2:10-11 (NLT) When you forgive this man, I forgive him, too. And when I forgive whatever needs to be forgiven, I do so with Christ’s authority for your benefit, 11 so that Satan will not outsmart us. For we are familiar with his evil schemes.

When we refuse to forgive someone who had done wrong in church or has hurt us, then we have been outsmarted by Satan.

-----

2:12 (NLT) When I came to the city of Troas to preach the Good News of Christ, the Lord opened a door of opportunity for me.

Thank you Lord for the open door of opportunity you have blessed me with.

-----

2:14 (NKJ) Now thanks be to God who always leads us in triumph in Christ, and through us diffuses the fragrance of His knowledge in every place.

Thank you Lord that you are always willing to lead and guide when I am willing to follow and obey.

-----

2:17 (NLT) You see, we are not like the many hucksters who preach for personal profit. We preach the word of God with sincerity and with Christ’s authority, knowing that God is watching us.

I must always be mindful of the motives of my service and remember that my Lord is watching me.

-----

Don't forget to spend time in prayer... CHAT...

Pastor Noel

No comments: