Sunday, August 24, 2008

1 Corinthians 12 -- Sunday, 8/24

Today, read 1 Corinthians 12 on your own at least one time. As you read, make notes in a notebook or in the margins of your Bible. Record all of the insights God gives you. Don't read my remarks until you have first done this yourself. My remarks are a little more brief today, but you will still be able to see a little of how the Lord guided me through the chapter.

If you don't know what the colors or the format mean, read the three introductions to this blog. They are linked on the left hand side of this page.

Here are the insights I wrote down along with the verses they go with...

-----

12:11 (NLT) It is the one and only Spirit who distributes all these gifts. He alone decides which gift each person should have.

It is the Holy Spirit who determines the spiritual gift each of us have.

Lord, thank you for the ways you have gifted me and called me to serve.

-----

12:14-15 (NLT) Yes, the body has many different parts, not just one part. 15 If the foot says, “I am not a part of the body because I am not a hand,” that does not make it any less a part of the body.

12:20 (NLT) Yes, there are many parts, but only one body.

12:22 (NLT) In fact, some parts of the body that seem weakest and least important are actually the most necessary.

Every part of the church, every member, has a key, God assigned role to play. All of these, without exception, are very important.

-----

12:31 (NKJ) But earnestly desire the best gifts. And yet I show you a more excellent way.

Lord, help me to always have the attitude to excel. Never let me just settle. Keep complacency far from me.

-----

Don't forget to spend time in prayer... CHAT...

Pastor Noel

No comments: