Tuesday, August 19, 2008

1 Corinthians 7 -- Tuesday, 8/19

If you are just getting started following this today, you first need to read the three introduction posts to this blog. The links are on the left hand side of this web-page.

Let's get started...

Today, read 1 Corinthians 7 on your own at least one time. As you read, make notes in a notebook or in the margins of your Bible. Record all of the insights God gives you. Don't read my remarks until you have first done this yourself.

Here are the insights I wrote down along with the verses they go with...

-----

7:3 (NKJ) Let the husband render to his wife the affection due her, and likewise also the wife to her husband.

In marriage each spouse should be committed to meeting the needs of the other spouse first.

-----

7:7 (NLT) But I wish everyone were single, just as I am. But God gives to some the gift of marriage, and to others the gift of singleness.

Thank you Lord for giving me the gift of marriage and through that gift, giving me so much happiness!

-----

7:10 (NKJ) Now to the married I command, yet not I but the Lord: A wife is not to depart from her husband.

It should be one of the highest goal of a Christian to honor his or her wedding vows and to stay married.

-----

7:14 (NKJ) For the unbelieving husband is sanctified by the wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified by the husband; otherwise your children would be unclean, but now they are holy.

7:16 (NLT) Don’t you wives realize that your husbands might be saved because of you? And don’t you husbands realize that your wives might be saved because of you?

Lord, I pray for those I know who are Christians married to non-Christians. I pray you will keep them strong and use them to lead their spouses to Christ.

-----

7:17 (NLT) Each of you should continue to live in whatever situation the Lord has placed you, and remain as you were when God first called you. This is my rule for all the churches.

I should learn to be content and learn to always serve God wherever He has put me.

-----

7:35 (NLT) I am saying this for your benefit, not to place restrictions on you. I want you to do whatever will help you serve the Lord best, with as few distractions as possible.

I should remember that my service for the Lord is number one in my life.

-----

Don't forget to spend time in prayer... CHAT...

Pastor Noel

No comments: