Tuesday, September 2, 2008

2 Corinthians 4 -- Tuesday, 9/2

Have you first read all three parts of the introduction to this blog?

Here is a guide to the meaning of the colors I use...
  • Black -- General insights the Lord shows me as I read.
  • Blue -- Specific things I need to do.
  • Red -- Things I need to be thankful for.
  • Green -- Prayers I need to pray.
Let's get started...

Today, read 2 Corinthians 4 on your own at least one time. As you read, make notes in a notebook or in the margins of your Bible. Record all of the insights God gives you. Don't read my remarks until you have first done this yourself.

Here are the insights I wrote down along with the verses they go with...

-----

4:2 (NLT) We reject all shameful deeds and underhanded methods. We don’t try to trick anyone or distort the word of God. We tell the truth before God, and all who are honest know this.

My ministry and service needs to be always characterized by this verse. No tricks, no distortions, no hidden agendas, nothing underhanded. Just honesty and integrity.

-----

4:6 (NKJ) For it is the God who commanded light to shine out of darkness, who has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.

Thank you Lord for shining the light of the knowledge of Christ into my heart.

-----

4:7 (NLT) We now have this light shining in our hearts, but we ourselves are like fragile clay jars containing this great treasure. This makes it clear that our great power is from God, not from ourselves.

Lord, help me to always remember that my ministry and service are not of me, for me, or about me. The focus of my ministry should be on you in every way.

-----

4:15 (NLT) All of this is for your benefit. And as God’s grace reaches more and more people, there will be great thanksgiving, and God will receive more and more glory.

One of the greatest ways God receives glory on earth is when people are reached.

-----

4:16 (NLT) That is why we never give up. Though our bodies are dying, our spirits are being renewed every day.

Lord, never let me give up or burn out or be distracted away from the ministry you have called me to.

-----

4:16 (NLT) That is why we never give up. Though our bodies are dying, our spirits are being renewed every day.

Thank you for renewing and refreshing me this morning!

-----

Don't forget to spend time in prayer... CHAT...

Pastor Noel

No comments: