Wednesday, September 10, 2008

2 Corinthians 12-13 -- Wednesday, 9/11

Today, read 2 Corinthians 12-13 on your own at least one time. As you read, make notes in a notebook or in the margins of your Bible. Record all of the insights God gives you. Don't read my remarks until you have first done this yourself.

If you are doing this at work and don't have easy access to a Bible, or maybe you are at home but don't have a NLT Bible, you can read almost any version at www.BibleGateway.com.

If you don't know what the colors or the format mean, read the three introductions to this blog. They are linked on the left hand side of this page.

Here are the insights I wrote down along with the verses they go with...

-----

12:6 (NLT) If I wanted to boast, I would be no fool in doing so, because I would be telling the truth. But I won’t do it, because I don’t want anyone to give me credit beyond what they can see in my life or hear in my message,

Father, may my life be only about bringing honor to you.

-----

12:9 (NLT) Each time he said, “My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness.” So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ can work through me.

Thank you Lord for your all sufficient grace.

-----

13:5 (NLT) Examine yourselves to see if your faith is genuine. Test yourselves. Surely you know that Jesus Christ is among you; if not, you have failed the test of genuine faith.

It is very important that we make certain the genuineness of our faith.

-----

13:10 (NLT) I am writing this to you before I come, hoping that I won’t need to deal severely with you when I do come. For I want to use the authority the Lord has given me to strengthen you, not to tear you down.

Lord help me to always use my influence and authority to strengthen the church.

-----

13:11 (NLT) Dear brothers and sisters, I close my letter with these last words: Be joyful. Grow to maturity. Encourage each other. Live in harmony and peace. Then the God of love and peace will be with you.

What a great summary of what a growing Christian will look like.

-----

Don't forget to spend time in prayer... CHAT...

Pastor Noel

No comments: